Sunday, January 23, 2011

One month to go!

We're coming down to the wire. Only one month til the baby's due date. We have a nursery mostly put together - there's a crib and mattress, changing table, glider, and some decorations on the wall. A few more organizational issues to take care of and upcoming shower gifts to find homes for. After all that's set, I will post pictures to the blog for your viewing pleasure.

In anticipation of the one month countdown, my body provided my first stretch mark. (Well, the first pregnancy related one at least.) What a gift! I noticed it Thursday evening but wasn't sure if it was just a line from the waistband of my pants. But it was still there on Friday. I had Jeff confirm since it's a little hard for me to see the underside of my belly. Mentally I'm cool with it. One little one didn't throw me for a loop. We'll see how I feel about it when more show up.

And in other positive news, I was able trim my own toenails last night! I noticed they were long and got concerned about whether I could be bent up long enough to trim them up. But I managed just fine. And unlike one of the ladies in our childbirth class, I can still put on my own socks and tie my shoes! Gotta celebrate the little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment