Sunday, January 30, 2011

Miscellaneous

Jeff told me yesterday that after the baby is here we need to buy him a toy.  This was said after he dropped a two bags from Babies R Us in his former office, now the baby's room.  Which is currently covered with clothes, toys, and books from recent showers waiting to be put away.  Poor guy!  All these gifts coming in and trips to the store and nothing for him!  I guess our exciting purchases that evening of burp cloths, bath towels, and bottle nipples must have made him jealous.  I oh-so-sympathetically responded that his birthday would be coming up soon after the baby's arrival and I would buy him something nice...like maybe a Reese's peanut butter cup.  :)

Speaking of showers, there was another round of showers recently, this time with co-workers.  And once again we were showered with generosity.  I was thrilled to receive lots of books to build our baby library.  If I can find my camera, maybe I'll post a few pictures.

I'm up to weekly doctor appointments now.  Everything seems to be progressing along fine.  The baby has been head down for a while now, so that's fabulous news.  She seems to prefer hanging out on my right side, which is not so great for me.  There's often a foot wedged in my side or ribs and I can frequently be seen pressing down on my side or belly trying to coax the appendage to move.

No comments:

Post a Comment