Thursday, October 1, 2015

Ellie at 2

Watch out world, we have another two year old on the loose!  Ellie is very much a two year old.  She stubborn, independent, and has lots of tantrums!  But she is also full of fun and sweetness and enthusiasm!

For her birthday, I went with a letter B theme to encompass many of her favorites.  Balls, books, babydolls, bubbles.  She was so adorable when we sang Happy Birthday to her!  She had a big grin on her face and put her hands up to her mouth in a cute "this is so fun" type gesture.


 
 
 
 
 
 
 


We've had some big happenings as she approached two and as her birthday passed.  She graduated from the high chair and sits in a booster seat at the table.  She can climb out of her crib.  So we turned it around with the high side facing out to buy us a few more months.  And she started preschool for the first time in August!  Her teachers are Ms. Theresa and Ms. Dawn.  They are happiest, sweetest ladies you could ever meet!  Ellie is the only girl with 7 boys.  She seems to love going and when we pull in or drive by she shouts excitedly "Ellie 'chool!"












Development:


In her play she loves little animal figures, an Anna Barbie-type doll, and ponies.  She enjoys the play kitchen.  But her favorite is whatever Claire is doing!  I made a nature hunt for them to do.  Ellie just followed Claire around like a little puppy, clueless about the task but happy to be involved.  She is attempting peg puzzles and will sit and color for a little bit.   She is imitating counting.  She was playing with a plastic gear board and saying "8, 9, 7, 8,9,7"  She has a good memory for events and places like Claire.  Twice we pass the highs school where Claire had her dance recital back in May and Ellie points it out.  She did incorrectly point out a different school one time.  But after one her correct times, Jeff is impressed and says sarcastically "Well, maybe Daniel will be stupid."  Lol!

She is asserting her independence in getting dressed.  She can put on shoes and socks and likes to try with pants.  She has more opinions about what to wear than Claire ever did.  One morning she doesn't want a shirt I picked out. She accepts the shorts.  But then rejects a different shirt. Finally she points to her dresses hanging up. I lift her up so she can show me which one she has in mind. 

Her language continues to develop.  Here's a list of some cute conversations and phrases I noted during August and September.
We are at Chilis for dinner -
Jeff: what do you want with your chicken?
Ellie points at menu - dat one corn! Big corn! (Corn on the con)
(She's also rocking out the sunglasses while at the table)
Really (weely): really fun, really cold, Really nummy

Sunglasses - sagum/ sackem ?

My, My do it, My did it!


'Chool fun!
Wait a minute

Ta da!



8/27

Made triangle mama! (With sunglasses in car)

Pick it up, me (Pick me up!)

Trying to use color words but getting it wrong

Adds the word "time" randomly in speaking  - Read nudder one, time (read another book)


Sept 8th: Language sample on the way to red top mountain
Choo choo all gone, choo all gone,  (Repeat) Choo train

Some happen Dada
Where my sungwah mama (sunglasses?)
What's some in there? Gross

Another language sample in the car:
Going mama? (where are we going mama?)  Whoa! Whoa! (as we go around a curve) 
(sees lake on either side of the road) Got two water! Why? Where going, time? Fwimming? Water! Walk on the water. Walk. Just fwim. Walk. Time. Go tummy. Put bathing suit on. Put bathing suit, time. Swim Audrey. Claire swim Audrey. Daniel swim Audrey. There it is. Find water.
Dada! Unh ready out mama.
Park dat way time.


Thank yoO!

Pick it up me (pick me up)

See big! See big? (I'm confused). I show you! (Goes and stands at door jamb like Claire does - see how big I am)


I just moo (move) helper, okay? Beep beep. I just need helper (x3).

Unh go see dada. Unh go see dada. Doing. (I want to go see what daddy is doing)


Got toot my heiney

I ub you (I love you)
I wub it  (I love it, I rub it)


All stars = starfish

Back of cart = trunk
I toot my mouth

Tries a knock knock joke: Knog og. Who dere? (Who?) Manna (banana) peanut jeddy. Sanwich


Car truck pink! (it's a big blue bud light semi truck)
Helmet is homo. Jeff asks where her homo is. In the cwojit (closet)


In the car she calls out:
Mama dat my favorite!
Jeff responds: oh yeah?
Ellie: no! Mama! dat my favorite!
Jeff: oh sorry I can't talk. Mama?
I check to see what music they are listening to in the back and the Frozen soundtrack has come on.

Birthday tricycle


With her big one corn!

Didn't want to smile or pose for me!
 
Fashionista! Sunglasses, bathing suit, socks...

Claire at 18 months and Ellie at 2


Claire at 2.5 and Ellie at 2




She loves her sunglasses

I fit in this right??

A little art fun with water colors

Running around at Atlantic Station after
a puppet show and lunch

Playing at Acworth Beach

Dress up time!

Fun with stickers

Building with apples and toothpicks
Ellie thinks it's pretty funny
  
Getting a ride from Grandpa

On a hike while Claire is at school

Getting a ride from Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment