Sleeping:
He's down to 2 naps. Unless he's up early, they are usually 10:30 and 2:30. He likes to snuggle with a blanket. Night time sleep was great the beginning of the month. He slept through most nights. He had more night wakings at the end of the month while we were in Maine. I'm guessing a combo of teething pain and sharing a room in an unfamiliar place. Although he still has just the 2 bottom teeth. No physical signs of the top two besides the drooling and crankiness.
Eating:
It was funny to read that last month he didn't want formula. Now that's all he wants! He started refusing nursing. I assume that my supply tanked and there wasn't much left for him. So by the end of the month he was on all formula, except for a small supply of milk left in the freezer.
Solids: definitely making his preferences known. He will have a whole tray of food and still protest if he doesn't love any of it. Or if he sees something else he wants on the table. But once he gets going on a preferred item he will usually continue on to eat those less preferred things. He loves cheese, bread, most meats, fruit, sweet potatoes and any item in a pouch form. He tolerates a variety of veggies.
Motor:
We have a walker!
Early this month he was cruising all around on the furniture but wasn't too interested in walking holding our fingers. Then he started pushing our chairs around the kitchen. And I got the walker wagon out for him. And I guess he got more confident in his abilities. On October 19th we were in the kitchen. He was standing at the trash can. I squatted down and called him to me. He let go and took 4 wobbly steps before he even really thought about it! He wasn't really eager to try again the next few days. But while we were in Maine he got brave. He started letting go of things and trying to walk off on his own. He can do 4 or so steps if he waits long enough to get his balance before he takes off. But that's a big if! He is raring to go! It won't be long before he's toddling all over.
First Plane ride!:
My mom and I took the kids up to Maine. Jeff came up a day or two later. Daniel did well on his first plane ride! He liked looking out the window. He went back and forth between Grammi and I for awhile. We took off at 9 am. He got sleepy around 10. I put him in the carrier and walked around. He was too distracted walking the aisles so I stood and swayed/bounced in an open exit row. After 10-15 minutes he drifted off and slept until we started to descend. Yes! The trip home was a little tougher. It was bed time and he was tired early. I tried the same stuff but the plane was full so there were lots of distractions. So he wouldn't give in. And would get increasingly fussy until I upped the motion and he'd calm down again. After 45 minutes of this, some turbulence sent me back to my seat. I thought it would be horrible. But within 5 minutes he laid his head down on me and peacefully drifted off.
Misc:
-Separation anxiety phase. Doesn't like Mommy to leave the room and prefers Mommy to all others.
-Gravitates to cars, trucks, balls and anything he can chomp on.
-Laughs when I meow at him
-Loves finger play type songs. Pat a cake, itsy bitsy, this little piggy,
-Dances by swaying back and forth, both sitting and standing. Sometimes as a happy dance. He can get too eager and bang his head on something (like the side of a shopping cart or a sibling's head)
-starting to wave bye bye
| Giving Claire a ride |
| Mmm, pasta and sauce! |
| Swinging with Daddy |
| Paaps snuggles |
| Apple picking |
| 10 Months! |
| Pumpkin fun with Grandpa |
| Ready to fly |
| Snoozing on the plane |
| Daniel with Great Grampa |
No comments:
Post a Comment