Monday, May 20, 2013
Early 2's and language
What a crazy time for a kid's development! I love this age for that reason. (I could do without the tantrums though). The biggest change is in Claire's language. So this post will contains lots of snippets of her language because I find it so cute and interesting and want to have a record for the future. At her two-year check up, she had 2 word sentences and just a few 3 word sentences. Now less than 3 months later we regularly have 5 word sentences.
Here's a sampling of her phrases and new words over the past few months
Happy to you! (Happy Birthday to you)
Bobbidy boo (magic wand)
Jump jump
I jumping
I dotcha. ( I gotcha)
Mama in chair too
Day go (There you go)
Dis way
Lets go (iss go)
Fix (fik - Mama fik it.)
Reach (mama reach it - meaning, mama pick up the toy I just dropped from my car seat)
Lotion (otion)
Are you eekay? (Are you ok? - really a request for you to ask her is SHE is ok)
Aus cweam - (ice cream)
ookie (cookie)
Iss good
Dis ah fun! (this is fun!) I LOVE this one!
Scwub scwub (Scrub scrub)
I mayme mess. (I made a mess)
I scary (I'm scared)
Uh oh, what happened mine sock? (4/24)
Two ones (when she has 2 of something)
Ho pepo (home depot)
Beautiful (boo-ful)
Dis amazing (This is amazing)
Hearing our words come right back to us:
Oh dear
Oh goodness
Stop it
Knock it off (nah it off)
Enough of that
No screaming (said to herself right after she screamed in the car)
Oh sh$t! (fortunately Jeff and I aren't to blame for this since we don't swear much. But some friends and family do :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment