Saturday, November 20, 2010

First Shower!

So we've had occasional baby gifts arriving at our door for a while now.  But the first baby shower took place last weekend,on the day after my brother's wedding.  And it was a bit of a surprise!

My mom called me on Saturday to let me know that my Maine relatives had a few gifts for me and wanted to do a little impromptu shower Sunday morning.  I arrive at my parents' house to see this.

A table full of presents, cupcakes, and a kitchen full of breakfast foods!  Hash brown casserole, biscuits and gravy, and bacon.  Mmmm!  My mom is getting everything ready and says "Oh, I didn't make eggs or anything.  Brandi, do you want to me cook up some eggs?"  My mother, who had hosted a rehearsal dinner, married off her only son, was hosting a house full of people, and just cooked a big breakfast the morning after said wedding, wants to know if I want her to do more work to make some eggs??  That was a definite no.

The baby received a lot of great presents.
Clothes (a small sampling):














Bibs:
Mommy and Daddy represented equally!

And books!


And last, but CERTAINLY not least....handmade gifts from my talented mom and aunts:

Adorable hats from Dori

Sweater from Val with little ducky buttons!
Booties and a hat to go with the sweater

My mom checks out the little booties

Gorgeous blanket made by my mom

Me imagining using the blanket to sleep on the plane
There's a family history for the sweater set that my Aunt Val shared.  The knitting pattern was my grandmother's.  It's one she used to make the same set of items for many babies while she was still able, including me and my older cousins.  My aunt took the pattern and used it to make a set for our little girl. It's such a great continuity in the family and a way for grandmother to be a part of it even though she's no longer with us.  Guess this means I should learn some sort knitting or crocheting skill so I can fit in!

And mommy-to-be wasn't forgotten in the gift department either.  I got a few maternity clothes to add to my collection.  A big thanks to everyone involved from gift giving, to planning, to executing!

Looking ahead, the main event shower-wise takes place next weekend with the family shower in Atlanta.  I'm sure that means more pictures of cute baby stuff to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment