Monday, September 20, 2010

Another First

The first pregnancy is full of firsts.  Lots of great things, and some not so good.  I think we can put this most recent one under the not-so-pleasant category...

Yep, it's the first pregnancy cold.

Now, I'm fortunate to have a pretty good immune system.  In fact, when I make those mental lists of traits you hope the kid inherits from one parent or the other, my immune system (as opposed to Jeff's) is pretty high up there.  So I don't get too sick too often.  A couple colds a year that can be pretty well managed with some Sudafed and Advil.  And there's the rub.

There aren't a lot of medications that are safe during pregnancy.  So my options are pretty limited.  A little Tylenol to help with my sore throat is supposed to be safe enough.  But the swollen glands and plugged up ears and congestion are another matter.  Fortunately things seem to be improving a bit here on day 3, after a rough morning.  Hopefully the trend continues so I can meet my goals for the week: attending my first prenatal yoga class tomorrow night and getting a flu shot.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you and baby are feeling better soon--at least it's not cold and snowy outside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is never fun dealing with a cold, but even worse when you can't reach for the NyQuil and get a good nights sleep. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete