Monday, March 4, 2013

The big reveal for Baby #2!

I scheduled the big ultrasound for baby #2 on March 1st, my mom's birthday!  She wanted to come, having never gotten to experience ultrasounds when she was pregnant.  She and my dad were headed to Alabama for the weekend, so he came up with her and watched Claire.  Although the office was running behind again(!) we finally got in.

Here SHE is!  Baby girl #2!

Baby girl #2 at 19 weeks, 3 days

And just for comparison, here's Claire at 20 weeks

Claire at 20+ weeks



Looking pretty similar to me! 

And yes, we were hoping for a boy, for a multitude of reasons.  For me it was because I have a soft spot for sweet little toddler boys from my days in daycare, I've always wanted at least one of each, and because we need some boys in the family.  For Jeff it was mostly about not having to discuss girl names again!  And someone to share boy stuff with.  But we are, of course, happy with our second little girl.  I do love saying that Claire will have a little sister.  Hopefully she'll have a name by the time she arrives!

I didn't get a whole lot of pictures with this ultrasound.  Just the one above plus one with the money shot of girl parts, which isn't terribly interesting.  I do have to have another ultrasound in a few weeks so hopefully I can get more pictures then.  The ultrasound showed an 11 mm choroid plexus cyst (fluid filled pocket) in baby girl's brain that they want to monitor.  I've heard of this before and know that it usually means nothing and resolves itself.  Thank goodness I know that because the midwife did a piss poor job of explaining it, and brought the issue up in passing to begin with.  Not pleased with that.  But I also know that these cysts can be associated with certain chromosal abnormailties.  That is usually seen in conjunction with other concerning findings and all baby girl's other measurements look good.  So we should be fine.  But anything calling for a repeat ultrasound brings an underlying worry.  So prayers for good news next time!







1 comment:

  1. Sending prayers your way! Stay positive, even if the midwife doesn't seem to give a care!

    ReplyDelete