Friday, March 2, 2012

First word!

Ok, I'm going to call it!  Claire's first word is ........


HI!

(Or "Haaa" as she says it.  And accompanied with enthusiastic waving.)

She's been doing it for a while so I can't say when the first time was.  But it's only recently that she's done it in the right context with enough consistency for us to be sure it was really a word.

She also has started imitating the sign for and verbal phrase "all done."  The sign for that is to hold your hands palm up, and then flip them inward to put palms down.  Claire's version is more like little flapping hands with the phrase "Ahh Dah."   Freaking cute!  She doesn't do it on her own yet, but if I ask if she is all done (while sitting in her high chair) she will often respond. 

Combine that with her ability to correctly (well, sometimes) use the sign for more and imitate the sign for milk and we're getting somewhere!  (Also, notice how it's all food related. Big motivator there!)

No comments:

Post a Comment