A few nights ago, Claire slept 7 hours in a row. Awesome! But then she got up every hour or two after that. Not so much fun at 5 in the morning. And the night before last she slept for about 5 hours straight and then was up every 1.5 to 2 hours. Since I didn't go to bed at the same time as she did, I spent my night get up every two hours or less. Yuck! It was a flashback to the newborn days and it wasn't fun. I was pretty mad at the world that morning.
But I glimpsed the promise land last night. First, Claire was asleep for the night by 9:45. That's the earliest it's ever for our little night owl. Then she proceeded to sleep until 4:45! Yep, another 7-hour stretch. But even better, she went back down by 5 and slept until almost 9:30. Hallelujah!!
Update:
Apparently I cursed myself. The next 2 nights Claire was up every 1.5-2 hours. Kill me now. Fortunately last night she was back to her usual routine of one long sleep stretch followed by multiple short ones.
That's great! I was just about to suggest this book to you: It's called "Go the F**k to Sleep."
ReplyDeleteIt's a parody on children's bedtime books. :)