Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Time is Here!

So, it was baby's first pre-birth Christmas.  I'm thinking it will probably be her last as well.  That meant it was our last Christmas spent quietly at home.  The baby did get some presents.  We got the ottoman for our rocking chair. 
Ottoman in the box.  The UPS man left it at our back door for some reason.  So, when I got home at 1am, I brushed the snow off and brought it inside.
I had to test it for safety.  Some assembly was required... the cushion sticks to the base with velcro (that comes already attached).  That's right, I put it together myself!

I did get some new formal wear for Christmas.  For those who can't read, it says "Pickles are cucumbers soaked in evil".  Brandi wouldn't let me wear it to my Grandmother's for Christmas.  For those in Atlanta, don't you worry, it will make it's debut this week when I'm home.

Brandi and I decided that we should go ahead and buy are rocking chair.  We had the ottoman already, and there was something about us not getting rewards points if we didn't buy the chair before Christmas.  We made a special trip to a store 10 miles away since they were the only ones that said it was in stock on the website.  Well, apparently, "in stock" means "we have actually seen that particular chair before, and we can have it shipped to our store for you to drive all of the way back out here to pick it up yourself sometime in the next Jovian year (um, that's 4332.7 days)".  I think we'll get the chair sometime in mid to late January.  To make it better, we probably won't get the points because we don't "own" the furniture until we picked it up.  For $350, I damn well better own it!  Until then, the ottoman makes a nice addition to our arm chair (no more pulling back on that little lever to raise my feet; the ottoman comes pre-raised).  Luckily, Christmas fell just two days after Brandi's laptop gave up the ghost.  I thought this was excellent because we could go computer shopping.  We did look, but we some how only ended up buying a piece of paper that said we might own a rocking chair in the future.  I'm not sure how that happened.  Oh well!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment