So as of today, I'm 7 weeks pregnant. Which means we've known for about 3 weeks. It seems so much longer. We found out June 16th, the day I flew home from Atlanta (Jeff and I went down for his brother's wedding but he returned a few days before me). Guess that sip of Jack and Coke I stole from Jeff's drink at the wedding will be the last alcohol I'll have for a long time. Wish it had been something better!
Only a very few people know how long we've been hoping for this. We tried to conceive for a year. It's a very difficult thing to go through, the roller coaster ride of hope and disappointment. So we feel very blessed that it finally happened for us, just before we were set to dip a toe into the world of infertility. Each week is another step toward a healthy, successful pregnancy. We hope and pray that everything continues to go well.
Morning sickness started at about 5.5 weeks. It seems it has been much longer than a week and a half that I've been dealing with it. Fortunately it's been mild to moderate so far. Nausea and food aversions abound though. Meat and vegetables are an issue. Any time I'm able to consume a vegetable is a celebration for me. Carbs and junk food sound good though! A little tiredness so far, but not too bad. Gives me a good excuse for naps. Thank goodness for summers off.
Lots of milestones to look forward to. Our first appointment is July 22nd. Which is the same day my mom and sister arrive for a visit. Hopefully we'll have confirmation of a healthy developing bean so we can surprise them with the good news that day. They'll have to keep it quiet for a while since Jeff's family will find out when they visit in August. And just after that is when people will actually be reading these posts.
No comments:
Post a Comment